[Mediawiki-l] Deleting a user account

Jeff Lane jeffl at valvesoftware.com
Thu Jun 1 00:02:38 UTC 2006

We do this, but I've still found that I'm wanting to delete spammer
accounts for the following reasons:

1. The spammer accounts are very old and dormant.
2. The spammers continue to make new accounts.
3. The user list needlessly grows with many banned accounts.
4. The accounts often have usernames that are desired by real users.

It would be nice if Mediawiki could delete the account, and all edits
from deleted accounts would be attributed to either a) the last used IP
address for that account, or b) simply "User Deleted".

I supposed we could just renamed the accounts to User Deleted ### and
just increment the number, but that would only help with #4.

-Jeff