[Mediawiki-l] Spam and problem with history editing

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Jul 30 08:59:23 UTC 2006

> From: elisa.cooper at breakingranks.net
>
> My wiki gets a ton of spam... after the last attack I discovered I
> couldn't
> roll back to a historical edit. When I went to "diff" it showed the
> historical version, but when I activated the "edit" tab, it went
> back to
> the current version.

That's what the "edit" tab is supposed to do -- edits the current
version.

Press the "Compare selected versions" button, then press the
"[rollback]" link.

:::: The economists all think that if you show up at the cashier's
cage with enough currency, God will put more oil in ground. --
Kenneth Deffeyes ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::