[Mediawiki-l] User Rights

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Fri Jul 28 18:24:15 UTC 2006

I have a user that I would like to have some, but not all, of the
same rights of sysop.  I've created a new user group ... let's say
"editor".  I'm also using a "userCanHook" function to limit certain
functions for users who are not sysop.  However, I'd like to allow
"editor" some of the functions which are allowed sysops.

If I add a user to "editor" and to "sysop" then disallow "editor"
from certain of the functions using $wgGroupPermissions will I be
able to disallow those sysop functions from "editor"?

Will "editor" override "sysop" or will "sysop" override "editor"?

Does it depend upon which is listed first in LocalSettings.php?

version: 1.6.7

--
Raquel