[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki problem

elisa.cooper at breakingranks.net elisa.cooper at breakingranks.net
Thu Jul 27 22:08:55 UTC 2006

Hi, all -

I have a problem with mediawiki that may have been caused by spammers. I'm
not sure.

This morning I checked my wiki, and I had the worst spam problem ever.
Thousands of links over the course of the last few days. (Luckily they
don't show except in the history - thank you for whatever built in
protection hides all the spam - they just erase my pages).

I usually deal with spammers by reverting back to the "clean" version of
the page. However, today when I tried to do this, I could not get the
editable version of the historical page. When I find the clean page and
hit "edit", the editable version is always the current version of the
page. Is there any way I can fix this?

I don't know what version of MediaWiki I'm using. I think I installed it
four or five months ago.

~ Elisa

--
World Without Rankism