[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki as a "Knowledge Base"

Morten Blaabjerg morten at crewscut.com
Wed Jul 26 16:33:32 UTC 2006

Re: 2. I do not have a solution to the seach results issue - but it seems
the problem is, you would like each page to have "several" titles. Perhaps
you could use a workaround for this, using namespaces, categories or
templates.

For instance, you could make extensive use of redirects, with both knowledge
base numbers and titles all pointing to a canonical page, which has both the
knowledge base number and the title in its pagename; one or the other
paranthesized, or with a colon in between. That way pages using either link
will all point to the same page, and pages displayed in the search results
will show both number and title in the complete pagename.

Best wishes,
Morten :-)

--
Crews Cut Production