[Mediawiki-l] Wikimedia installation on windows XP (Oracle db)

rajesh dasari rajnani at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:34:14 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to setup wikimedia on windows using oracle database. I installed apache 2.0.58 and then installed
zend core for oracle (zend core engine version 2.0.5 / php version 5.0.5). I can connect to oracle using
a test php program so that part is working fine.

Now I downloaded Wikimedia and unzipped to apache/htdocs. When I try to run the setup all I am getting  is
the message below.

Checking environment...
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

PHP 5.0.5 installed Could not find a suitable database driver!
For MySQL, compile PHP using --with-mysql, or install the mysql.so module
For PostgreSQL, compile PHP using --with-pgsql, or install the pgsql.so module

What am I missing? Should I install mySql to make this work? Any information will be of great help.

Thanks
Rajesh