[Mediawiki-l] Problem With LocalSettings.php

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jul 25 19:28:35 UTC 2006

David Pace wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm currently developing a wiki for our corporate intranet and
> I've run into a very odd problem.  I'm not sure this is the list I should be
> posting to, but here it goes:
>
> It seems that no matter what I add to my LocalSettings.php at this point
> (I've added settings in the past that work just fine), it results in none of
> the pages of my wiki being displayed at all. Just blank pages.

Check your PHP error log.

If you don't have a PHP error log, add these lines to LocalSettings.php, right
after the '<?php' line:

error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', true );

If you still don't see anything, try going to the 'Special:Version' page instead
of the main page, eg: http://myserver/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Version

If you are using IIS 6.0 and the Special:Version page works while some other
pages don't, you may be stuck with a problem we can't trace. Try Apache instead
of IIS.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)