[Mediawiki-l] Loss of session data

Ryan Marks rmarks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:15:36 UTC 2006

Hello,

Last night I installed MediaWiki 1.6.8 on RHEL3 running Apache 1.3.36, PHP
4.4.2, and MySQL 4.1.19-standard.  When I click on a link to a page that
doesn't exist yet, I am taken to an edit page, but see this error message
before actually doing an edit:
Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please
try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in.

My configuration has only changed to Eliminating index.php from the
url<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url>using
the first option (Using aliases in
httpd.conf).  I am getting this error on three different machines and on
each machine, I have logged out, cleared the cache, closed and open the
browser, logged back in and still get the error.  I also get the error when
not logged in.  I seached for this error and found a Wikietech-l post about
this from June.
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2006-June/036112.html

Is there a problem with this customization or a problem with MediaWiki
1.6.8that I've overlooked?

Ryan