[Mediawiki-l] userCan Hook

Borut Tomažin debijan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:24:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I' want to user userCan hook on every page, so I made an extension which
then calls this hook. I don't really know much about this hook so I need
some information.

How can I prevent access to users who are not logged in?

I tried with code bellow, but I get an empty page (wiki doesn't show):

# If user is logged in

if( !$wgUser->isLoggedIn() ) {

$wgOut->loginToUse();

                return;

}

How is that with $action parameter? I only find 'edit', 'move'. What about
'read' word, does it exist.

Everything must be done with this extension cos I don't want to change
mediaWiki  files.

function efAdminPagesRestrictionsHook() {

    global $wgHooks;

    $wgHooks['userCan'][] = 'RestrictHookUserCan';

}

function RestrictHookUserCan( &$title, &$user, $action, &$result ) {

                if( $action == 'edit' ) {

                               #code

                }

                if( $action == 'read' ) {