[Mediawiki-l] Please help customize FancyCaptcha

Alec Usticke alec at usticke.org
Tue Jul 18 14:37:39 UTC 2006

I would be most appreciative if some kind soul would help me customize
the ConfirmEdit/FancyCaptcha extension
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ConfirmEdit_extension>.

I've got it installed and working on my wiki <http://www.nwnwiki.org/>
with the one change that the captcha image is in a special Neverwinter
Nights game font with each of the two words capitalized (the font
isn't as impressive without capital letters).

The captcha presents an image such as WizardDwarf, which the user has
to type in. It works fine, but I'd like to make it less confusing to
editors by having it ignore capitalization and spaces.

So, for example, if the required response is WizardDwarf, I'd like any
of the following to work:
WizardDwarf
Wizard Dwarf
wizarddwarf
wizard dwarf
WIZARD DWARF
Etc.

My PHP knowledge isn't enough to edit the code myself. Any chance
someone could help?

--
='''   Alec Usticke
c-OO   alec at usticke.org