[Mediawiki-l] Problems with losing session data. Users' cannot edit pages.

Christopher Miller cmiller at creativeengineering.com
Tue Jul 18 14:25:05 UTC 2006

We have just setup a company wiki.

The Versions page reports:

     * MediaWiki: 1.7.1
     * PHP: 5.1.2 (apache2handler)
     * MySQL: 5.0.22-community-nt

We're having a problem which a google/google groups/mediawiki help
search did not resolve.

When a user is logged in they are unable to perform any actions.  And
when editing a page one gets this error after clicking "Save Page":

"Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging
back in."

As a result everyone is anonymously editing pages, which is a big
problem.  I've attempted logging out/in.  Using Firefox & IE.  Clearing
the brower's cache/cookies/passwords.  And also making sure that 'Show
preview on first edit' is not checked under Preferences.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--
Christopher Miller