[Mediawiki-l] UNC links?

K. Fairchild kfairchild at stenbarr.com
Mon Jul 17 20:05:56 UTC 2006

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there any way to allow
linking of UNC addresses via MediaWiki 1.7.1?   Since the Wiki is run
internally, I'm not too worried about issues such as authentication or
accessibility... If someone's windows account doesn't have access to the
UNC share, they don't need to have access via the Wiki...   Currently,
I've tried treating it like an HTML link and using
file:///\\UNCShare/Path <file:///\\UNCShare\Path>  which didn't work...
and a few other methods... any suggestions?  I'd really like it to
handle just like a normal link... For the time being, though, I'm just
having people put it in as plain text and if someone needs to follow the
link, they copy the text and then paste it into Start --> Run...   It's
not a pretty method, but it works ;)

Thanks!

--Kevin Fairchild