[Mediawiki-l] Database errors when trying to make an edit after upgrading to 1.7.1

Metaspheres metaspheres at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 03:15:50 UTC 2006

Also, I forgot to mention that the edits do get saved and appear in the recent changes despite the constant error message which I have described that appears after every save, which is very strange.

Metaspheres <metaspheres at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello,

I have just upgraded from 1.6.7 to 1.7.1 and everything works fine except for when I try to save an edit to an article, I get a database error that reads as such:
-----
    A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: (SQL query hidden) from within function "LinksUpdate::getExistingInterlangs". MySQL returned error "1146: Table 'data_base.mx_langlinks' doesn't exist (localhost)".
------
My host server is running PHP 5.0.4 and MySQL 4.1.19-standard-log. I followed the instructions exactly as listed. Since I have no command-line access I had to go through the regular web-based installation and then restore my original LocalSettings.php.

Is there any way I can fix this or should I revert back to 1.6.7?

Thank you,

Sven