[Mediawiki-l] UtfNormalUtil.php PEAR Problem

Congresos del PSOE congresos_del_psoe at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 13 07:49:48 UTC 2006

Congresos del PSOE wrote:
> The problem comes from UtfNormalUtil.php :) It exists both as a PEAR
> package and as MediaWiki file but the PEAR path (/usr/share/pear/) is
> most probably before our paths.

  What do you mean by that? Do you mean you personally took part of our code, made
a PEAR package out of it, and included a second copy on your system in the wrong
place?

  Or something else?

  -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
  ---------------

  I only replied to a message of Ashar Voultoiz  http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2006-July/013589.html that has the same issue of mine. Many user has the same issue and problem. What is exactly the solution ?
  -----------
   Bisset Doctoresse Jacqueline wrote:
<snip>
  > I moved the file LocalSettings.php in the parent directory. But when
i point the link :
> http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/angleterre/
>
> i have the error :
>
> Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/UtfNormalUtil.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Warning: main(UtfNormalUtil.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'UtfNormalUtil.php' (include_path='/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/languages:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> THIS IS THE PHP.INI :
> http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/php.ini
Bonjour Jacqueline,

  The problem comes from UtfNormalUtil.php :) It exists both as a PEAR
package and as MediaWiki file but the PEAR path (/usr/share/pear/) is
most probably before our paths.

The easiest way is probably to add /usr/share/pear/ to the open_basedir
restriction. I am not sure why it is used though, as we are supposed to
override the include path in localsettings.php:

if( defined( 'MW_INSTALL_PATH' ) ) {
     $IP = MW_INSTALL_PATH;
} else {
     $IP = dirname( __FILE__ );
}

$path = array( $IP, "$IP/includes", "$IP/languages" );
set_include_path( implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) );