[Mediawiki-l] UtfNormalUtil.php PEAR Problem

Congresos del PSOE congresos_del_psoe at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 12 10:37:47 UTC 2006

Bisset Doctoresse Jacqueline wrote:
<snip>
  > I moved the file LocalSettings.php in the parent directory. But when
i point the link :
> http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/angleterre/
>
> i have the error :
>
> Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/UtfNormalUtil.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Warning: main(UtfNormalUtil.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'UtfNormalUtil.php' (include_path='/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/languages:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> THIS IS THE PHP.INI :
> http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/php.ini

Bonjour Jacqueline,

The problem comes from UtfNormalUtil.php :) It exists both as a PEAR
package and as MediaWiki file but the PEAR path (/usr/share/pear/) is
most probably before our paths.

The easiest way is probably to add /usr/share/pear/ to the open_basedir
restriction. I am not sure why it is used though, as we are supposed to
override the include path in localsettings.php:

if( defined( 'MW_INSTALL_PATH' ) ) {
     $IP = MW_INSTALL_PATH;
} else {
     $IP = dirname( __FILE__ );
}

$path = array( $IP, "$IP/includes", "$IP/languages" );
set_include_path( implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) );

I have the same problem for a mediawiki installation for the Congress of PSOE in Spain 2007. Many different users has this problem ( Bisset Jacqueline, Ashar Voultoiz and others) but it is not completely clear what is the solution. What is the system to solve the problem ? I need to correct the error for the Congress of PSOE but i don't understand what is exactly the solution and what code (and where) we need to insert to add  "/usr/share/pear/ to the open_basedir restriction".
  Can anybody explain better what is the system to include  /usr/share/pear/ to the open_basedir restriction ? We have to modify the PHP.INI or include a particular httpd.host in the conf directory of the domain ? What is the localsettings.php: that result after the code of Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++ ?

  --------------------------------------

In the example of Bisset Jacqueline what is the result ?
  http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/angleterre/

    The url of MW is : http://sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/angleterre/
  The path in the server is here :  /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/
  UtfNormalUtil.php is here :  /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php
  Index.php is here : /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/index.php

  > Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/UtfNormalUtil.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Warning: main(UtfNormalUtil.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36
>
> Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'UtfNormalUtil.php' (include_path='/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes:/home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/languages:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/sciencemoleculaire.studentblog.org/httpdocs/angleterre/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php on line 36

  In this example what is the system to include  /usr/share/pear/ to the open_basedir restriction and What is exactly the localsettings.php: that result after the code of Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++ ?