[Mediawiki-l] User ID

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Wed Jul 12 08:34:48 UTC 2006

Green, Chris wrote:
> If I've set up a User ID with a password, how can the password be reset.
>
> It doesn't seem to be what it was set to and we can't now get in using that
> ID.

The simplest way is probably to add an email address to the user ID in
the database if you didn't create the account with an email address, and
then type in the User ID (actually the username) into Special:Userlogin
and click the "Email Password" button.

It will generate a temporary password, and when you log in next, it will
invalidate the old password.  Of course, you are then free to change the
password again to anything you wish on the user preferences page.

Hínandil