[Mediawiki-l] how to install mediawiki with oracle database

xin yu geng gxy.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:29:00 UTC 2006

our team is setting up a wiki for our internal collaboration, I'm
responsible for choosing a wiki engine, after lot of work ,I've recommanded
mediawiki to my boss.but when I begin to install it in production env ,I
find I can't install it with oracle database(previously testing env is set
on my computer and using mysql). from mediawiki, it seems to hint that it
support oracle,the following is the error msg, anyone pls help me, even if
some unimportant features are not available, I have to set it up now.

 Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated with mt_rand(). Consider
changing it manually.

*Generating configuration file...*
Database type: oracle
Connecting to SQL server...
*Notice*: oci_new_connect()
[function.oci-new-connect<http://localhost/wiki/config/function.oci-new-connect>]:
Your version of Oracle Client doesn't support setting the charset; bad or no
charset conversions may result in
*D:\web\wiki\includes\DatabaseOracle.php*on line
*66*
Connected to Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 -
Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options -- mysql
4.0.14 or later required. Aborting.