[Mediawiki-l] Shared-login across multiple MediaWikis

Boris Eetgerink boriseetgerink at planet.nl
Tue Jul 11 15:22:42 UTC 2006

Kevin J. Scott wrote:
> Anyone seen a guide on this or willing to share some insight?  I have a site
> with multiple MWs each on subdomains sharing common MW code and a common DB
> (uses table prefixes for the subdomains).  How do I get those to share one
> users table?

I have been looking at a single-sign-on for phpBB and MediaWiki once
I've installed some extensions (phpBB/MW integration, phpBB restrict
usernames).

If you look here: http://svn.wikimedia.org/doc/
and specifically the LoginForm class:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/doc/classLoginForm.html

Maybe there's a way to pass the username and password to a function and
have you log in. If that's possible, it should work if you pass the data
to multiple functions.

Boris