[Mediawiki-l] deadlock error on stats update

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Tue Jul 11 13:30:53 UTC 2006

I've got a pretty non-standard setup of MediaWiki 1.5.6, in particular I am
running a background program (robot) which is creating pages from dmoz data.
However, I notice that "real" users get the following error message when
they also click on a red link (which auto-creates a page if the dmoz data
exists).  I don't understand the detail of how MediaWiki handles locks, but
is there an easy way to get around this?  Thanks.

Hugh

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:
  UPDATE `wiki_site_stats` SET ss_total_edits=ss_total_edits+1 LIMIT 1
from within function "SiteStatsUpdate::doUpdate". MySQL returned error
"1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
(mysql.chainki.org)".