[Mediawiki-l] Set text on editpage by GET request

Jens Peter Möller mediawiki-l at phpug-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 11 11:10:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I wrote a very little extension, witch displays an inputbox,
for writing a new article. I know, there is already something
like that, but I wan't to become a wikipedia hacker an learn
how the system works. ;-)

After validating the input, a redirect is made:

header("Location:
http://$_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]$wgScript?title=$article_name&action=edit");
// $article_name is from the text input.

But now I wan't to improve the function. The extension is called
by <newarticle></newarticle> and I wan't somthing like this:

<newarticle>Category:Foobar</newarticle>

I can parse $input in my extension. This is no problem. But how
do I create a new article editpage with some preloaded text from
my extension?

[[Category:Foobar]]

kind regards
JPM