[Mediawiki-l] Renameuser extension and MediaWiki 1.7.1?

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Tue Jul 11 00:57:43 UTC 2006

Rob Church wrote:
> That line is checking that the current MediaWiki version is 1.5b2 or
> later, which it is if it's 1.5.8, of course.

Yes, I was thinking of the documentation page which claims that 1.5b2
works, but then 1.5rc4 would not.  I didn't realize, trying to figure
out why the old version wasn't working in 1.7.1, that the line didn't do
that.

> The failing require() is not what I was referring to with respect to
> breakage,

Sadly, this was indeed the problem.  Since I only have SFTP access to my
host, I prefer to download only what I need before transferring.  Thanks
to your kind explanation, I pushed the last of my extensions into
subdirectories and grabbed that copy of ExtensionFunctions.php and
placed it into my extensions folder.

Everything works perfectly, and I have a better grasp on how to manage
these things in the future.  Thanks for your time and patience!

> I won't be altering existing behaviour because, even if it fixes
> stuff, I'd be shouted and screamed at for it; something I can do
> without.

Hm, indeed.  I suppose sufficient documentation would suffice.  If I get
some free time (famous last words!) maybe I'll write something up and
submit it to Ævar.

Thanks for checking into things even though I misread the version check
line, and thanks for reporting back even though you found nothing wrong.
  It still taught me a lot.

Hínandil