[Mediawiki-l] Renameuser extension and MediaWiki 1.7.1?

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Mon Jul 10 23:31:37 UTC 2006

I have been running MW 1.5.8, and now that it's time to upgrade, I've
been looking for newer versions of the extensions we use.  One useful
one in particular is Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason's "renameuser" extension.

I tried to get the latest version from
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Renameuser/,
but aside from the fact that it still seems to explicity require MW
1.5b2, the latest updates seem to have broken it badly.

I see that Wikipedia is running some version of this extension.  How can
I find out what version they are running, and am I missing any obvious
(or non-obvious) way to know whether an extension like this is still
being maintained?

Many thanks,
Hínandil