[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.0 and SVG support

Ron Hall ron.hall at mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 10 20:50:14 UTC 2006

Rob Church wrote:

> On 10/07/06, Tels <nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com> wrote:
> > No. Both Opera and Firefox have really good SVG support in their latest
> > version (both available for free). Likewise,for IE there is the good
> Adobe
> > plugin, which is installed more or less automatic, and free, too.
>
> Browsers improve. Gasp. Features that exist now didn't, back then. And
> demanding that users install plugins and extensions to browse web
> sites is the mark of someone who doesn't have a grasp on what they're
> doing, in the broad scheme.

    Once again I bring my tiny,tiny soapbox out and shout.

    "Yes!"

    Rob gets it right again.

    For those who don't understand - mark it down to another thumbs up
for Rob et al for the good work they do
    in giving us great tools and even better platforms to make these
tools better.

    For the rest - sorry for the bandwidth blip, but sometimes evne the
lurkers in the log pile need to say their piece.