[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade problem with 1.7.1

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Jul 10 18:40:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

Running PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.20. I suspect this error is due to my
PHP version but I can't verify it. I looked around on the Mediawiki site
but didn't find an answer.

I'm trying to run the ./maintenance/update.php script and I get the
following error:

PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting
T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in
/root/downloads/mediawiki-1.7.1/includes/Exception.php on line 114

I looked at line 114 and it didn't appear to have any typos or mistakes
(I didn't check much of the other parts of the file though).

Is it my PHP version or possibly something else?

Thanks,
Chris.