[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.0 released

Morten Blaabjerg morten at crewscut.com
Sat Jul 8 13:44:14 UTC 2006

Thanks, I gratefully pick up all I can get!

I have no access to the MySQL or PHP log files - our wiki is installed on a
remote server/webhotel.
I would love to dig around more on my own - but I am not a programmer, and
have next to little knowledge of the inner workings of MySQL or PHP - I'm a
total noob when it comes to server configurations, even while I learn every
bit of the way.

I'm just curious if this is normal. Wouldn't I receive a proper failure
message, if/when the install script fails?
Would installing MW 1.7 require more PHP memory than previous installments
of MW, which installed perfectly even still complaining about the PHP
memory-limit?

One thing confused me about the install-script - the bottom forms asking for
a root user. Do I leave those fields blank, or prefilled with the "root" and
the "-" ? I am not a root user, but the database user needed exists and
nothing more should be neccessary?

Best wishes,
Morten

--