[Mediawiki-l] Discussion on MediaWiki and PHP5

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 02:33:27 UTC 2006

Is there an archived discussion on the MediaWiki move to PHP5 which I
could read?  I'm curious to see the conversation about the experiences
with the move.

Like why in general.. and the benefits and such which the WIkipedia is seeing.

The only other discussion I've ever heard with regards to PHP5 was
from other developers talking about how much of a letdown it was, and
how much of a moving target it has been from minor revision to minor
revision, the breach of promises of backwards compatability, the
introduction of new oddities and not solving previous oddities etc.
All negative stuff.  So I'm curious to see the mediawiki team
perspective.

I'd check a development mailing list, but.. apparently this _is_ the
developer mailing list for mediawiki.. where else is there to look?