[Mediawiki-l] meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpecialMultiUploadViaZip (an ugly hack!)

dme26-mwl at srcf.ucam.org dme26-mwl at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Jul 7 22:26:01 UTC 2006

This is the first time I've tried to submit code to the MediaWiki
community, so please accept my apologies if I have gone about doing so the
wrong way. (and apologies the extension itself is such a hack and/or is
already redundant because of others' work I wasn't aware of - I've noted
SpecialUploadLocal recently)

SpecialMultipleUplaoadViaZip has been added as a meta.wikimedia.org page
including the special page extension's source code. As that page
describes, this special page provides a form for uploading a ZIP file that
is subsequently decompressed and passed directly to a class extended from
the existing MediaWiki file upload form.

I needed a multiple file uploading tool for a local intranet wiki I
manage(ish). I suspect this feature might have already been scheduled to
be included for future releases in a manner far cleaner than the hack I've
done. Still, I figured it still might be useful for the community even so
(e.g. possibly for those running to-be-legacy MediaWiki releases into
which this extension might be able to be installed).

Best wishes,
Dave