[Mediawiki-l] [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki 1.7.0 release candidate

Anders Wegge Jakobsen wegge at wegge.dk
Fri Jul 7 14:27:19 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> writes:

> It's marked as just 1.7.0 internally. If there's no reports of major
> breakage by tomorrow morning I'll re-zip it as 1.7.0 final. I'd
> appreciate if a few people could test installation and upgrading,
> which don't receive as much testing from Wikipedia as other code.

 Installing with the experimental UTF-8 support terminates with this message:

  Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
  resource in /var/www/w17rc/mw17rc1/includes/Database.php on line 620

  A database query syntax error has occurred. The last attempted
  database query was: "(SQL query hidden)" from within function
  "". MySQL returned error "0: "

 Installing with the backwards compatible UTF-8 works OK.

--
// Wegge
Min begrundelse for at betragte Arne Wilstrup som en paphat: