[Mediawiki-l] Changing default user preferences?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Thu Jul 6 21:52:24 UTC 2006

I'd like to change the default preferences that are given to users when

they create an account (or for that matter, when they read the site
without logging in.) Took a quick look through DefaultSettings.php, but
didn't see anything obvious. In particular, I want to change things so
that by default, numeric section headings are shown and edits marked
minimal are not shown, but I imagine once I know where and how to change
any preference, everything else will fall into place.

Thanks,
Ken