[Mediawiki-l] letting users create new pages via web form

Benjamin Horst bhorst at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 14:12:47 UTC 2006

I have been looking for an easy way for my wiki users to create new pages based on a standard skeleton framework. I envision them clicking a "new page" or similarly-named button, that takes them to a web form with preset fields. They fill out the fields, and then click "save" and the new page is created. (For later editing of the page, I think they'll be fine with the normal MediaWiki methods. It's just creation of standard pages that's tough.)

MoinMoin has a feature like this, if anyone's familiar with their new page creation: First you choose from a set of standard page templates listed on a page (not like MediaWiki templates, but like an OpenOffice Writer template). Click its radio button, press "continue," and then you're taken to the form with the appropriate fields for that pre-designed template. Fill out the necessary fields, and then create the new page.

Does anyone know of a similar way to do this in MediaWiki?

Thanks,
Ben