[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.6.7 - issue running update.php

khuffman at NGS.ORG khuffman at NGS.ORG
Wed Jul 5 11:25:33 UTC 2006

Hi, I've downloaded MediaWiki 1.6.7, backed up my database and its
content, uploaded all the new files preserving the files that the Upgrade
file recommends in the newest release but have run into a problem. My Web
hoster "does not offer telnet or SSH access to the servers due to the
nature of shared hosting. This could result in breach of data protection,
and privacy laws." Is there an alternative option for upgrading? Thank
you, Karen