[Mediawiki-l] smtp server integration in MediaWiki

Mei Wu mwu.mailbox at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 01:04:06 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I installed Mediawiki in a LAN environment. I specified the internal
Microsoft smtp server in the "php.ini" to send out emails. However,
the mails were not sent out although the local smtp server is
listening on port 25. I do not  really know what the problem is and
would appreciate any help.

The computer is directly connected to a router and has an internal IP
(192.168.x.x). The Wiki is running on Apache 2 on port 8080. The smtp
server is listening on port 25 (IIS 5).

Thanks for your help.

Mei