[Mediawiki-l] adding a data folder

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Mon Jan 30 11:08:52 UTC 2006

Hello again :-)

I manage several mediawikis.

I would like to allow a new "data" namespace, similar to the
image one, but using a new separate folder and a much
simpler sheme, that is The sysop would be the only one to
have the rights on this folder.

upload only by ftp, no special page needed

I would like to use a name space to have a simpler syntax
for users, [[data:xxxxxxxxxxx.tgz]] in place of the whole
link I need now.

I can make a reasonably simple php hack.

however I don't mind to hack again and again for each new
release.

Do you have any guideline for me showing how I can do this?
I plan to use the [[image: code, and make it very simple for
my use

thanks
jdd

--