[Mediawiki-l] Using with MySQL 4.0.22-standard

Jane E. Tate janetate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 04:51:31 UTC 2006

I tried installing the latest version of Media Wiki on my site which is
using MySQL 4.0.22-standard, PHP 4.3.10 and Apache 1.3.33 (Unix).  I'm
getting an error regarding the SQL when installing:

---------------------------------
PHP 4.3.10: ok
Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should
disable it if you are able.
PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object
caching functions
Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
Found GD graphics library built-in.
Installation directory: /home/mysite/public_html
Script URI path:
PHP is linked with old MySQL client libraries. If you are using a
MySQL 4.1server and have problems connecting to the database, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html for help.
Trying to connect to MySQL on localhost as root...
MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password:
NO)
Trying regular user... ok.
Connected to 4.0.22-standard; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements
Error selecting database mysite_wikidb: 1044 Access denied for user:
'mysite_wikiuse at localhost' to database 'mysite_wikidb'

I have no idea what to do to get this to work on my site with the version of
MySQL that is running.  Do I need to use a different version of Media Wiki?
Or is there something I can do to make this work?

JET