[Mediawiki-l] Template is closing unclosed tag (e.g. DIV)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:41:45 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Gerrit Quast <gerrit at gerritquast.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some problem I was stating about a week ago already. I just give it
> another try and hope for help:
>
> Like in the portal-box skeleton template on mediawiki, I'd like to
> have one template that opens a DIV container and a second one that
> closes the DIV container. Between the two template calls I could place
> my content. The DIV container can draw a nice portlet-like border
> around the content then...
>
> Since this is done exactly that way at mediawiki page and wikipedia, I
> don't understand why it doesn't work for my installations (1.5.5
> each).
>
> The problem is that for every template, mediawiki closes tags that
> left open. The second template (only the closing DIV) is escaped and
> appears as clear text.
>
> Does anyone know how to switch off this feature in case it is one?

Not that it helps, but this sounds very much like a question which
someone asked a month or more ago, and never as far as I know got
answered.

Keep in mind that the wikimedia foundation websites are usually
running the latest development code or quite close to it, so that
1.5.x installations might not behave in exactly the same way as
wikipedia or it's kin.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site