[Mediawiki-l] Question about Links

seanizer at gmx.net seanizer at gmx.net
Thu Jan 26 10:04:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am a new User of mediawiki, and I am planning to put it up on my martial
arts related site. Being a wiki newbie, I don't know if and how I can do the
following:
When I write something like [[mypage]] and "mypage" doesn't exist yet, I
would like registered users to get a link to the edit screen for mypage
(standard behaviour), but unregistered readers should receive only an
emphasized version of "mypage", e.g. <b>mypage</b>. That way, I could
include lots of terminology in my site and gradually fill it up with
contents without going public with dozens of broken links (I know this is
not exactly the wiki way, but it is a business site, and I'd prefer not
having everybody editing it).

So basically: If a user is logged in, [[mypage]] would translate to <a
href=" /wiki/index.php?title=mypage&action=edit">mypage</a>, otherwise it
would translate to <b>mypage</b>. I am a programmer geek :-), so I guess I
could eventually come up with a solution for this myself, but I was
wondering if there is a "standardized hack" for such a behavior. Many thanks
in advance,

Sean Floyd