[Mediawiki-l] Question: re main.css and underlines insectionheadings

Michael Dorosh madorosh at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 23 01:05:24 UTC 2006

 Ah - this is what I' had; putting a colour code after the # character (indicated in red below) did the trick.

Thanks for the help.  Another satisfied customer. :-)

I'd pay serious money for a paper manual for this software incidentally....hint to the foundation....
Mike
 h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    color: black;
    background: none;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 0;
    padding-top: .5em;
    padding-bottom: .17em;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #;
}
h1 { font-size: 188%; }
h2 { font-size: 150%; }
h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    border-bottom: none;
    font-weight: bold;
}
h3 { font-size: 132%; }
h4 { font-size: 116%; }
h5 { font-size: 100%; }
h6 { font-size: 80%;  }----- Original Message -----
  From: John D. Mann
  You are looking for the following section of code.  In my main.css, I am
  using 1-pixel dotted lines, but you get the idea.  Only h1 and h2 headers
  are being underlined on my install, but you can add h3 and or h4 to this as
  well.  There is also the .firstHeading available, which modifies the line
  underlining "Main Page" at the top of the page, or whatever its title
  happens to be.  Hope this helps!

  John

  h1, h2, h3, h4 {font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana,
  Arial, Sans-Serif;}
  h1, h2 {border-bottom: 1px dotted #333333;  line-height: 1.1em;
  padding-bottom: 0.2em;}

  .firstHeading {border-bottom-style: solid; font-size: 2em;}