[Mediawiki-l] Parameter problem in template

Gerrit Quast gerrit at gerritquast.org
Fri Jan 20 10:53:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

as I wrote in a mail some minutes ago, I'm currently into setting up a
Portal page in my mediawiki.

Another problem just occured that's got to do with templates and parameters.

I've got a template containing {{{1}}} and I call it with
{{t|parametervalue}} which works fine.
Now i want to nest this template (as used in the box-header templates)

Template 1: {{{title}}} called by Template 2: {{t|title={{{1}}}}}
called by page {{t2|Hello}}. Everything runs fine until I try to pass
the parameter from the page through t2 to t1 the parameter closing
brackets in template 2 seem to close the two brackets that are
supposed to enclose the whole template call.

DO you have any idea how i can pass the title from my page through
template 2 and process it in template 1?

Thank you in advance, Gerrit