[Mediawiki-l] Images don't show anymore, only "Image: foo.gif"

Magne Westlie magnew at simula.no
Thu Jan 19 10:29:39 UTC 2006

I'm having a problem with my mediawiki.

I've moved my mediawiki to a new server, and everything works fine,
except that the embedded images does not show anymore. They actually did
at first, but when I tried to upload an image, I noticed that I had to
give the apache-user write access to the 'mediawiki/images' folder to be
able to upload. So I did just that, and after this change no images are
shown anymore, only the "Image: foo.gif" text which is a link to the
image page, which also do not show the image, only the metainfo for the
image. I've tried to revert the changes I did after the images did not
show anymore, but they still do not show. If someone could help me with
this i would be very glad, as the images are a vital part of the
information that are kept in my wiki.

Just to make myself clear: I still find all the images in a subdirectory
of the 'mediawiki/images' folder, they're just not shown in the pages.

Thanks!

MediaWiki 1.4.13
PHP 4.4.0-4 (apache2handler)
MySQL 4.1.15-Debian