[Mediawiki-l] contents of page disappearing

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 00:04:14 UTC 2006

Luis Borda de Agua wrote:
> I run a mediawiki site for a small group of users.
>
> I recognize that my question is very basic, unfortunately I couldn't
> find an answer to it.
>
> I noticed that when two users (or probably more) edit the same page at
> the same time, the entire contents of the page are totally erased when
> the user who last tries to save his/her changes clicks on "save page".

This could be a problem with the automated conflict merging. This uses the GNU
diff3 utility, if found during installation.

Some old versions of MediaWiki would incorrectly detect an incompatible Solaris
version of diff3 which could result in failure. Try poking around with this
(check LocalSettings.php).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)