[Mediawiki-l] Re: Perl Importing by Categoriy Script

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Tue Jan 17 20:37:01 UTC 2006

Thank you, Ashar!

I am trying to contact the developer, who is a PhD student in Mathematics, as seen from the credentials on his site.

What I get is the trivial 500 Internal Server Error when going to
mysite/cgi-bin/import.pl

Have no whatever experience in Perl, but seems to me this code is wrong

#$page->text
}
;

Yet even commenting the two lines does not help, neither does chmod-ing to any possible values.

It would be great if this particular code get the official support of the WM Team, because it allegedly does something revolutionary useful - importing only the articles in selected categories.

Plamen

  That perl script is not supported by MediaWiki developers, you want to
  contact the original author to get more details :)

  Additionaly, posting details about the issue will help tracking what's
  wrong.