[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Gordon Fox gfox at mail.cas.usf.edu
Sun Jan 15 22:05:56 UTC 2006

I'm a bit lost in trying to get texvc working on a mediawiki installation under
SUSE 10. I get the message

Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to
configure.): 20y

after trying to insert <math> 20 y </math>

Latex, dvips, and gs all work fine from the command line, either as myself or as
su wwwrun. If (from the command line, in the /math directory of the
installation) I run

texvc ../images/tmp ../images/math "y=x+2" iso-8859-1

a png file with the expected content does appear in the ../images/math
directory, though there's nothing in ../images/tmp

So . . . what am I missing? It appears that, when run from the web server, texvc
isn't found (or isn't executable) but I don't know how to actually check on
what's going on.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Gordon