[Mediawiki-l] Image does not show.

Hans Hoogers - Scramble hans.hoogers at scramble.nl
Sat Jan 14 02:12:47 UTC 2006

All,

I'm a bit flabergasted here..... I've more or less sorted out why it
happens, though the reason behind it eludes me.
I'm not sure whether it something for this list, but maybe it helps
somebody who has run accross the same problem.

Last night I uploaded a couple of smaller images to my Wiki (which is
still in the making). But when looking at the image page, it didn't show
the image, only the description.
Neither would the image show on any page I wanted to use it on.....
But as it was pretty late, I called it a day with the intention to look
at it again today.

But today, at work I had a look at the same image page again, and
suddenly the image DID show ............

OK, to make a long story short; at home I have Norton Personal Firewall
which blocks those images as it sees them as adverts, apparently because
ot the size declaration; From the log file: "reason: width=88
height=30". I think it is blocked because both the width and height are
given, but I stand to be corrected on this.

And when I turned the 'Suppress banner ads" feature off (or whatever it
is called in the English version), the image did show.......

Hope this helps.

Hans