[Mediawiki-l] [Fwd: Re: [Wikitech-l] create new pages by accessing the database directly FAILS]

edward hage edward at confirmat.nl
Wed Jan 11 19:06:54 UTC 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Wikitech-l] create new pages by accessing the database
directly FAILS
Date: 	Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:50:57 +0100
From: 	edward hage <edward at confirmat.nl>
To: 	Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at wikimedia.org>
<43C022FB.5090501 at confirmat.nl>
<e92136380601071224nbd4a98es at mail.gmail.com>

What I want to make is a site for scuba-divers. When they log in they
get a special Userpage (kind of homepage for every user). On that page
they have the possiblity to make a new dive-entry. If they click on that
link they go to a special page where they can fill in a table about
depth, time in the water, pressure, bla.bla. When they submit that data
a new page is created with a nice layout (I use a template in mediawiki)
with all dive-data. Also on the Userpage a new link to that new page is
automatically created when the dive-entry is submitted. So after a few
logged dives a complete list is created.
Because it is a wiki they can make additional pages about dive-locations
(like travelwiki) and upload underwater-pictures and create pages about
marine biology etc..

Any pointers are welcome.

After I solve the issue of making the new pages flauwless, I have to add
the privilege of the user to protect his own pages (so their own
divedata is not molested by other users). I saw on mediawiki that
already some patches and extenstions were written for that so that issue
is next on my agenda.

Also I am very interested to hear why new enrty points can not be made.

Greetings, Edward

--
CONFIRMAT Mechatronics & product development
Veluwehof 71

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht ontvangt, verzoeken wij u de inhoud niet te gebruiken. Wij verzoeken u de zender direct op de hoogte te stellen door het bericht te retourneren en alle copieen van dit bericht inclusief enige aangehechte bestanden te verwijderen.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein. Please notify the sender directly by replying this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.