[Mediawiki-l] Re: ikipedia template logic

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Jan 10 16:34:45 UTC 2006

> From: Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com>
>
> Most of the (messed up) logic templates on Wikipedia and related
> projects use template syntax not available in the 1.5 branch of
> MediaWiki.
>
> You'll either have to upgrade to CVS HEAD (which is not supported) or
> use another method.

Is this by any chance the Winter language that can be loaded as an
extension?

I have played with it a bit, and it seemed a bit buggy and
inconsistent, but I *need* this capability.

I don't want to invest a lot of time in Winter if MW1.6 is going to
have similar facilities built-in.

:::: Science uses mathematics to predict the future; economics uses
statistics to predict the past. -- Jeff Barton
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>