[Mediawiki-l] Username blacklist

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 05:09:45 UTC 2006

Inspired by a post on wikitech-l, I've created a simple but powerful
(and, I hope, useful) extension which allows sysops to maintain a
blacklist of usernames through a system message.

The list supports pattern matching through regular expressions, and
the documentation should be sufficient for wiki owners with most
levels of experience. With luck, this will help cut down the offensive
usernames, etc. found on too many wikis.

It's fresh into CVS - extensions module, UsernameBlacklist folder.
Feedback welcome.

Rob Church