[Mediawiki-l] Deleting unused accounts

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:37:05 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> About an hour ago, I checked in a PHP script which checks the database
> for users who haven't made edits, and deletes them. It runs from the
> command line (phpShell seems fine with it, too) and works relatively
> quickly.

Other feature ideas:

* Delete a specific user
* Delete a regex of users -- build the list and display it, and then
ask for confirmation on that list (probably an overkill feature)
* Perform deletions based on their last visit -- i.e. delete a user
which hasn't visited in x amount of time.
* Email a user that is to be deleted.  "Hi there, you haven't visited
example.com so your account has been automatically deleted."

There is no real inline functionality to pull up an overview list of
users and display information about their last login, last edit or the
like.. a separate script to do that would be cool.  Then the deletion
script could use the user display script to get its information, and
act accordingly.

All of that available through mediawiki itself would be cool.  Is it
possible to have a special page which acts as a simple gateway to any
script in the maintenance directory?