[Mediawiki-l] Downloadable MediaWiki documentation

Mauro do Carmo mauro at carmo.ws
Wed Jan 4 02:12:18 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

* Can I, by any chance, have a wiki where part of the content belongs to
GFDL like wikipedia; and the other part belongs to copyrighted licensed?

My wiki is going to carry both copyrighted documents by third parties, and
documents under GFDL.

So I don't considerer my wiki a non-GFDL wiki. It is natural have a mixed
copyright. And in certain point wikipedia will face that.

* Is there some way to link each page to its correspondent license? I was
thinking in creating a namespace for copyrighted documents so that all pages
under that namespace would carry a different license at the bottom. In this
case, actually, I could use all http://creativecommons.org/license/ on my
wiki in a per page basis!!! I will be happy.

I am not a lawyer, so excuse me if I am completely out of track:)

Thanks a lot, mauro.