[Mediawiki-l] Downloadable MediaWiki documentation

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:57:18 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> MediaWiki, alas, "ships" with a blank Help namespace. I'm hoping,
> myself, that we can at some point start shipping with content; alas,
> most of it needs to be rewritten and released under the GPL or a
> compatible license, so that it can be included with the software.
<snip>
> Anyone else want to give a hand sorting out some documentation? Ought
> we to get a few people from the main projects involved writing it,
> perhaps?

I noticed that mediawiki ships with a lot of holes in it.  I would
have expected the excellent online docs to either be scattered
throughout a default installation or available as something that's
importable.

This is the first I've heard of a licensing problem with the existing
documentation.

Yes, others should be contacted on this and a general plan should be
made (i.e. what are the topic goals and what is the "win situation")

I want to help.  Where do I begin?