[Mediawiki-l] Re: backup SQL database

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Jan 1 18:55:58 UTC 2006

> From: "Morten Blaabjerg" <morten at crewscut.com>
>
> I had the same problem...

Without seeing the exact error message, we're all just guessing, but

> I wish there were an option to make the database dump in PHPMyAdmin
> automatically do this, but so far haven't heard of any. Anyone who
> knows of
> a workaround?

My guess is that it's a timeout happening. You can set those in /etc/
my.cnf. You can find the proper variable in the MySQL manual, online
somewhere under http://www.MySQL.com .

After setting the timeout huge to allow the huge load, it's probably
a good idea to set it back to the default.

:::: We can only continue to use oil as long as it lasts. We should
be looking for other sources of energy. There's only one that's big
enough, it's free, and good for at least a billion years. That's the
sun. We must move into solar energy. -- M. King Hubbert, 1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.IslandSeeds.org/wiki/Energy> ::::